Tamang Heritage Trekking Facts
Activities: Trekking, Sightseeing
Trip Duration: 10 N / 11 D
Max altitude: 3165m
Group Size: Min 2 pax
Trip Route: Kathmandu – Syabrubesi – Gatlang – Tatopani – Thuman – Briddim – Syabrubesi – Kathmandu
Tamang heritage trekking is one of the offbeat trail located at north of Kathmandu. It is an interesting trek through Tamang villages and settlements. They are descendants from Tibet and have hardly seen any tourists. The tamang are one of the most popular ethnic groups of Nepal and their culture is virtually untouched.
Tamang Heritage trail trekking is special for those trekkers, who would like to see traditional and untouched heritage, custom and lifestyle of indigenous Tamang people. There we can find many different species of trees, birds and butterflies.
During this trekking, we get the chance to discover rough history of Tibetan ancestors. Their descendants are now Buddhists and living on agriculture and trade. They dress colorful and their houses are adorned with beautiful woodcarvings. The fantastic views of the Himalayan snow-capped mountains will be unforgettable.
Highlights of Tour:
• Sightseeing in Kathmandu valley & Patan
• Tamang heritage trekking
• Breath taking Himalayas and natural beauty
• Local lifestyle and culture
• Hot spring
• Stunning landscapes, sunrise, sunset views over the Himalayas
• Green terraced farm different waterfalls, swift flowing rivers, and traditional villages
• Beautiful rhododendron and pine forest, numerous ethnic settlements
• Tibetan culture and tradition of Tamang ethnic people
• Local’s craftsmanship and traditionally built stone houses with beautifully carved wooden porches
Day 01: Arrival day in Kathmandu- D
Welcome to Nepal. At your arrival in Tribhuwan International Airport, Kathmandu, Himalayan Namobuddha Travel and Treks’ representative will be there to welcome you. The representative will help you to check in your hotel rooms. In the hotel, you will be briefed about your activities during the trip. In the evening you will be welcomed with a dinner in one of the typical Nepali restaurant with cultural programs. Overnight in hotel in Kathmandu.
Day 02: Sightseeing tour in Kathmandu valley & Patan- B
After breakfast in the hotel, we do sightseeing around Kathmandu City. We start our day trip from Thamel, this is the famous tourist street of Kathmandu city. You can shop your needy equipments, then to the famous historical place Kathmandu Durbar Square along with tour of local market and local lifestyle of Nepal. And then we will be visiting Patan Durbar Square and living goddess of Nepal – KUMARI of Patan. Overnight in the hotel in Kathmandu.
Day 03: Drive from Kathmandu to Syabrubesi (1,550m) (about 8 hrs)- B,L,D
We’ll drive from Kathmandu through scenic foothills and ridgeline vistas to Syabru Besi passing through Dhunche. While passing along the road at the bank of Trishuli river we can enjoy the beautiful view of Ganesh Himal, terraces and green hills. As we pass through Dhunche you feel as if we head towards deep land. After eight hours trek we’ll reach Syabrubesi. Overnight at Syabrubesi.
Day 04: Trek from Syabrubesi to Gatlang (2,200m) (5-6 hrs)- B,L,D
While trekking we experience of the Tamang culture. We can see scenery from view point while walking through village. The cultural show at Goljung and Gatlang makes our trekking a memorable one. Gatlang is a beautiful Tamang village which is about 3 hrs walk from Goljang where we can get refreshed and enjoy the local Syabru dance and local food and drinks. One can visit a Tamang monastery and beautiful Parvatikunda Lake at Gatlang. Overnight at Gatlang.
Day 05: Trek from Gatlang to Tatopani (2607m) (6-7 hrs)- B,L,D
On the way we enjoy sightseeing of Langtang range and Ganesh Himal. At Tatopani which literally means ‘hot water’, we can take hot bath in natural hot springs with bathing areas in the lap of the mountains. It is believed that taking a dip into this spring would heal from the aches and pains. This day’s about three hours trekking provides you an opportunity to experience of the Tamang culture. Overnight at Tatopani.
Day 06: Trek from Tatopani to Thuman (2,400m) via Nagthali (6-7 hrs)- B,L,D
Today we’ll trek about five hours heading towards Thuman from Tatopani. We trek via Bimthang where can encounter animals like monkeys and deer on the way. The panoramic view of snow covered Langtang, Kerung, Ganesh Himal, Sanjen ranges can be distinctly experienced from Nagthali. Nagthali used to be a popular meditation center for the local monks and priests. Another cultural village Thuman is popular for its Shamanic performances and beautiful view of Langtang. It’s a Tibetan influenced Tamang village. We can see the beautiful view of the mountains from every house in Thuman. Overnight at Thuman.
Day 07: Trek from Thuman to Briddim (2,345m) (6-7 hrs)- B,L,D
This day we can observe Tibeto Burman Tamang culture on the way. We can experience village life of Briddim. And the cultural show performed by community members. We can also experience of home stay and Tamang culture. To mention about Briddim is a Tibetan Buddhist village in the bosom of Langtang Himal. There are around 43 houses are spread in Z shape made up of stone and have roofs of splitshake. As direct descendant of ancient Tibean immigrants, the culture and tradition of Briddim closely resembles that of nearly Tibetan villages. Overnight at Briddim.
Day 08: Trek from Briddim to Syabrubesi (1460m) (5-6 hrs)- B,L,D
The trail is gradually down and then the trail does steeply descent to the Syabru Besi through the different Shepra and Tamang villages. Overnight at Syabrubesi.
Day 09: Drive from Syabrubesi to Kathmandu (about 8 hrs)- B,L
After our breakfast, we drive back to Kathmandu with splendid views of hills, mountains, terraces and villages on the way. We drive along the unpaved road till Betrawati and we begin to follow narrow well paved road. Overnight at Kathmandu.
Day 10: Free day in Kathmandu-B,D
This day you will have free day on your own. In the evening, Himalayan Namobuddha Travel and Trek will take you for a farewell lunch or dinner in one of the finest restaurant in Kathmandu. Overnight in the hotel in Kathmandu.
Day 11: Departure from Kathmandu- B
Today is your departure day. Himalayan Namobuddha’s representative will drop you to Airport 3 hours before scheduled flight. It’s time to bid Nepal farewell visit and appreciate your visit to our country Nepal. Hopefully we shall meet again.
*Note: Above itinerary can be customized at your request to accommodate your specific requirements. Please let us know whether you would like to make shorter or longer or any other further changes in above itinerary. We will provide you details accordingly.
1. Airport drop + Pick up by private transportation
2. Standard Hotel Accommodation in Kathmandu and with breakfast
3. Entrance fees for sightseeing in Kathmandu.
4. Welcome dinner in typical cultural restaurant in Kathmandu.
5. Private transportation during sightseeing.
6. License holder experienced tour guide during sightseeing and his salary, meal, transportation etc.
7. During the trek : Accommodation with full board meal(B-Breakfast, L-Lunch and D-Dinner)
8. Local License holder trekking guide during the trek and his salary, accommodation, food, transportation, insurance etc
9. All necessary ground transportation during the trek.
10. All necessary permit and paper works.
11. Farewell lunch or dinner in Kathmandu.
12. Guided Trekking Map
13. First aid kit.
1. Meals not mentioned in itinerary.
2. All personal expenses such as bar bills, beverage, snacks etc.
3. Extra shower, battery re-charge, wifi etc. during trek.
4. Personal clothing and gears.
5. Tips to guide (Expected but not mandatory)
6. Cost raised by cancelation, landslide, weather, political unrest, illness which are not under our control.
7. Emergency Helicopter rescue (to be covered by your insurance company)
8. Services which are not mentioned above.
Wish you a wonderful Himalayan experience in Nepal!!
We put our customers first in everything we do and all our team members are specialized in their descriptive responsibilities and professionals, who deliver quality service, enabling our customers to fully leverage the benefits.