We all are aware about the outbreak of novel coronavirus (COVID – 19) and the state of global public health emergency created in different parts of the world. The tourism industry has been massively affected by the spread of coronavirus raising a serious concern amongthe travel community.We understand you all are worried and we all are doing our best to beat the COVID -19 from our side.
regard, please find below some useful informations to update the status of
Coronavirus Threat in Nepal to all our travel partners and travelers from
around the world so that you will be aware about the real situation and plan
1. Till date, only nine cases of corona positive hveas been confirmed in Nepal (one recovered).
2. All 175 Nepali university students who were repatriated from Wuhan, China, on 16th February and quarantined at Kharipati, Bhaktapur for two weeks have tested negative. They were allowed to return home after the second time test also came negative. The evacuees had undergone the first test within 24 hour of their arrival but their test results were found to be negative. The government had decided to go for second test on 29th February to ascertain the result. Not only the students, all 18 crew members involved in bringing the students and 7 health and hygiene staffs mobilized at the quarantine site have tested negative.
3. Nepal Government has taken into account the recommendations and measures of WHO and has temporarily suspended visa-on-arrival till 31 April 2020 for all the nationalities.
4. Nepal Government has announced lockdown with effective from 24 March 2020 till 17 April 2020 for the public safety
5. All the regular international flights are suspended till 15 April 2020
6. The crisis response unit has rescued total 1721 tourists from all over Nepal. The number of air rescue where 868 and by land was 853. About 1588 tourists have flown back to their home countries supported by their respective embassies and consulates
7. Nepali nationals directly coming from foreign countries affected by and in the high risk of COVID-19 and from third countries transmitting via those countries are under mandatory home quarantine for 14 days.
8. Sukraraj Trophical and Infectious Disease hospital , Kathmandu is now equipped with a special unit with all the required medical and staffing facilities and is ready to serve the public in any situation that might occur. Other hospitals under the instruction of Ministry of health have certain sections isolated and kept ready for any eventually patients that arise.
9. International meetings and conferences to be held in Nepal in the near future have been postponed till further notice.
10. All the permits for mountaineering expedition issued and to be issued for Spring 2020 season are suspended
Everything was perfect – Chitwan, ABC Trek, Pokhara and Kathmandu was diverse experiences -very interesting. Everybody (Guide, porter , Sangita) was very careful about us. Very great Trip. Perfectly planned by Sangita 🙂